Welcome back NBA: The 2012/13 NBA Season

Posted by Unknown on Monday, October 29, 2012 with No comments
Soon the NBA will officially begin and I couldn't be more happier.  This has always been my favorite time of the year and I am very curious at how the season will play out.  Recently, as a season ticket holder of the Orlando Magic, I had the privilege of attending a "Meet and Greet"which the franchise hosted and was front and center as they laid out what their goals are with the current team and what direction they are trying to move towards.  The organization seems to be focused on what they are trying to accomplish and didn't seem at all disappointed in the off season decision.  I know it will be a challenging year for them, but I am happy that they acquired the strength to make the tough decisions and move forward.  The Dwightmare saga appeared to hinder the franchise for much of last season and the change needed to be made, a new direction had to be chosen.

In an attempt to become more competitive, NBA franchises made many off season moves.  We saw the Los Angeles Lakers become the center of attention again with their moves and we aslo saw the NBA Champion Miami Heat add to their already loaded roster, picking up some nice additions in Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis that I think will help them greatly down the stretch of the season.  The New York Knicks suffered an early roster loss with Jeremy Lin departure for Houston but they made a few changes to improve their ever changing roster.  One move that the Knicks made that I'm a little skeptical about is the signing of Rasheed Wallace.  I didn't really understand that move and I feel this way because they literally pulled Wallace out of the retirement home and my last memory of Mr. Wallace involved him laying out on the court injured and having fouled out before his teammates had to lift him up as he was done.  With that being said, I have no problem with Wallace as a player as he is funny to watch while he argues with the officials and entertains with little activities on the court.  He's also known for knocking down big tree-pointer but if Wallace can return.....why the hell can’t anyone pick up Allen Iverson!

I just wanted to say welcome back NBA and I look forward to this season and all the new changes we have made here at The Hardwood Nation. I thank you guys will like the new look and features we have added  and I look forward to seeing your comments this year.  Never forget that we are fans and we do this for you.