Orlando Magic: Please get Dwight out

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 with 5 comments
Magic GM Rob Hennigan
     I've been quiet for too long, but something has been really troubling me; its been like having a needle directly in my spine.....the ongoing drama that the Orlando Magic have been going through and still going through with this Dwight dilemma.  The Howard situation is one of the most annoying things I've ever seen in the NBA and I don’t understand why it's taken so long to get rid of a guy that doesn't want to be in Orlando.  The problem is that Rob Hennigan "the new Magic General Manager" has been praised for helping in the restructuring of two organizations where he has helped aide in the processes of bringing young talent in and making teams that wasn’t so good, great contenders.  He's a very young guy and I know his idea is to get a lot of the bad expensive contracts that former GM Otis Smith brought in off of the books and restructure the Magic to a younger, energetic team that can compete.  The goal now isn't to win a championship but to compete and revive the excitement in Orlando.  Another problem is that Hennigan has allowed this process to carry on far too long.  Just recently, the Nets accused the Magic of wasting 14 days when they had an opportunity to seal a deal but the Magic sat around and did nothing which validated the Nets claim.  


The Magic should have dealt Dwight last year as soon as he said that he wanted to be traded.  With that being said, I understand the need for any franchise to keep their franchise player by convincing them to stay for the long run but sometimes a Boss must be able to make unpopular and hard decisions; for Hennigan, this could have been and still may be one of those times.  Orlando hosted the 2012 All-Star Weekend and it wouldn’t have looked good for the city hosting All-Star Weekend with no ALL-Star, but hey look at it this way, it was Hosted in Vegas a few years back and they don’t even have a fucking team...excuse my French.  When Deron Williams said he wanted out of Utah, that trade went down so fast that no one saw it coming and when Melo wanted out of Denver, the Nuggets obliged.  When you have players not wanting to be apart of the team anymore for whatever reason, just let the cry babies go.  Trust me, it's better for the organizations to let these players move on and the Magic should understand that regardless of whom they are trying to acquire,  you never get equal value in return.  They need to man up and stop kissing this guys ass and let him go and they need to do this ASAP. 


I really don’t know how many more days I can take of the discomfort I have in my back, but I know this drama series has taken place for too long now and like a bad reality show it needs to be canceled.  I'm so close to writing a letter to the Magic organization and begging them to speed up the process, I’m even considering taking a horse to Orlando so we can get Dwight on it and ride this cowboy out of dodge.  I didn’t have much to say on this but I just wanted to speak a small piece about it because I have held it in too long.  I will leave the real talk to my partner Tez and see what he has to say about this, I think he will have far more to say than I do.